Sunday, February 19, 2012

In which our weekend was lovely. Until it ended in the toilet. Literally.

So, I've been feeling all kinds of generous this weekend. I knew that Paul had a rough day at work on Friday, so I made a big pot of chili and a special surprise just for Rico...


His very favorite. An apple pie. 
 Lest you think I've gone all domestic, please note the box in the background. Thank you Marie.
 And keeping in line with our generous loved infested weekend, Paul and I went out for our Valentines on Saturday night.
We took the kids to Brittany and Blake's while we went out, and Brittany being Brittany, made us strike a few poses.
This is where Paul finally lost it. Ha!
I had heard of the Federal Grove since we moved down here, and we finally went and tried it out.
I really like older places, and all that historical kind of stuff
1871, right up my alley. Unless I actually had to live in 1871, than that would be a problem. No red lipstick, no hoop earrings, can you imagine?
The food was really good, but by far this piece of cake alone was worth the trip. The icing was to.die.for.
After dinner, we went and saw the movie, 'This Means War' and it was funnnnnny!!! We had a really great night together.

And it's always assuring to get texts with pictures of your kids having fun while you are out, that somehow makes the cake even better, you know?
I have a feeling the kids will be asking to go back to Britt's pretty soon.

 Cookies, duck duck goose, movies, art work....but under all that fun something must have been a 'brewin, for both Hope and Layton.
During the night, Hope got up and came to our room probably 5 times or more. She kept asking for water, or asking to sleep in our bed, which really isn't like her. I had a gut feeling that something might have been bothering her, but when I asked she said "I'm okay."

Then when we got up for the day today, I could just tell she was acting weird. She didn't want breakfast, only water. Hope not want food? Something HAS to be wrong. So, while I was standing in the kitchen, I picked her up and was holding her. She laid her head down on my shoulder, and then I heard a strange noise,and within a matter of moments, she was throwing up. All over me and her. Thankfully, I was standing right next to the sink and just leaned her right on over it.

Good times. Good times.

So here we are a week later, and in the same exact place. Same pukes, different kid.

And also, Brittany sent me a text this morning, that Layton had woke up this morning with a high fever. So, both kids sick. Boo.

Seriously, if I don't get it this time, it will be a miracle, considering I began my morning wearing it.

Still a great weekend, even considering it ended in the toilet.

13 comments:

Jami said...

A few things:
I totally thought you baked that for real when you posted it on Twitter.

Seriously, skinny girl? Jealous!!!!

Dessert looks to die for.

How awsome of Brittany to keep the kids, super sweet!

Poor Hope! If it had to happen glad it did after your night out. Nothing says precious like spending the day in mommy's bed.

Susie said...

Poor Hope!! Hope she feels better soon!!

Brittany said...

Same pukes different kid -- that line killed me!! ha!

It was a good weekend, you looked BEAUTIFUL with your long curly hair! :)) ANd rico looked alright too!

Yep, Layton is asleep on the couch and I sure Hope is resting too. You would have never known it by the squeals from freeze tag last night:-)

Brittany said...

oh yeah, and my mouth dropped about the pie too! I was like, "WHaT!" and then I saw the box! funny!

Angie said...

Ha Ha- Totally my kind of apple pie!

Glad you had a weekend but sorry to hear your girlie is sick. Nothing worse than a sick baby. Hope she feels better soon & that you avoid this yucky virus

Jill said...

Hate Hope is sick. Dave loves him an apple pie, too and I totally have not mastered it. I'm going to have to check out Marie's pies! ;)

Tracey said...

Loved that you baked a pie, and somehow when I saw the pic, I just knew you didn't make it from scratch. ;) <3

Love it that Brittany watched the kids and had it all planned out. Too sweet. I'm so glad you and Rico had a fun night out!!!

the lewis gang said...

poor hope! glad you got to squeeze in a date beforehand! :)

Jaime Mac said...

OH GAG!

Glad you had a fun night with Rico...before being smothered in puke. Egads...

Hillary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!

Isn't Brittany just the bees knees! :) I wished I lived closer to hang out with and babysit!

I'm loving the way that you make pie. I have tried making home-made apple pie from scratch before and it's never as good as the box! :)

xoxox

Kerry said...

I hope your daughter gets better real soon! At least the cake was good right, made all the cleaning up worth it :)
You have a lovely family and a cute blog, looking forward to reading more :)
Have a great day!

Kerry said...

P.S. Do you have a Followers widget? I can't seem to locate it...

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I totally thought you made that pie. You didn't even have to tell us. thanks. sorry hope is sick. stinks. i hope she gets better!