Saturday, February 11, 2012

A rare cat poop disease

  Thursday night, we went to volunteer at the Hope House again. Doing the same exact thing, filling bags for children that are at risk, and need food to eat. This time however, when we got there none of the bins had been filled. At all. WOW. Each bin needs 473 bags of food, and there are 5 bins. That's a lot o' filling. 

  
            
 So, we got right to work
And by we, I mean all of us
 Even the kiddos were big helpers!
 And after about 2 1/2 hours of filling, Brittany and I got a little rebellious and started to put two rice crispy treats in the bags. I mean one is just enough to tick you off!
And here's the end result, and my only thought is this......'Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.'
Let me end by telling a funny story. Hope and Layton had disappeared, you know 4 year olds can only handle so much bag filling work. We all started wondering where they had run off to, and even made some jokes "maybe we should be worried, Layton might be trying to put the moves on Hope, ha!" Well, if only! Paul went to look for them, and much to our horror, no moves had been made, no sir,  instead they had been playing in the cats litter boxes for a solid 10 minutes probably. And by playing, I mean digging their hands INTO the litter and flinging it around. OH MY WORD. Brittany and I were horrified. We rushed the kids to the bathroom for a serious scrub down, and asked them what were you all doing?? "Oh, just playing in the gravel" "Oh, no that's not gravel, that's where cats poop and pee!" Hope then says "yeah, I did see some poop"

I'm not gonna lie, that freaked me out. All I can picture is Hope and Layton playing with cat poop and pee. GAG. And being the dramatic soul I am, now I'm just waiting for a rare cat poop disease.....                      

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

GAG!! That would totally gross me out. I got grossed out for you just by reading this. YUCK!

Susie said...

What a great thing volunteering like that teaching the kids!! That is so gross about playing in the kitty litter!!

Jami said...

One day this too will be funny!

Jaime Mac said...

Well I am a cat person but this was nasty! (maybe if you weren't so mean & allowed your children to have pets they would know what LITTER was. Sheesh! ;))
That's a lotta food you guys bagged! Way to go with the good deed!

Brittany said...

this was fun!!!! minus the poop!! :))))

Angie said...

Yep, I totally understand!
I fight with my 18 month over staying out of the litter box all the time.