Friday, February 10, 2012

When you're a basketball star, a broken tibia and fibula is baaaaad news.

Wednesday afternoon my phone rings...

Jo: "Hey"

Me: "Hey, what's up?" (I could tell by her voice something was wrong)

Jo: "I just got a call from school, Cody's leg is broken"

Me: "WHAT!!!!!!!"

Jo: "Yeah, he was in practice, and came down on it wrong or something. Said his leg is going two different directions, and the ambulance is on the way."

Me: "WHAT!!!!!"

Me again: "OH NOOOOOOO"

*******

Fast forward a couple days now, and the verdict was a broken tibia and fibula. OUCH. They knocked Cody out Wednesday to reset the leg, and yesterday he had surgery on it. They put screws and a plate in the bone. OUCH AGAIN. 

A broken leg is bad enough, right? But when you are a junior in high school, and one of the stars of the basketball team? Well, that spells disaster. No more basketball the rest of the season, and no more driving, but on the bright side, lots of attention!! 

Jo sent me these pics of the team visiting him in his room...



Stinks to be 2 hours away and not there :(( Take heart Cody Bear, this will be a 'glory day story' when you are my age. And when you get back to school, the girls will be all over you!!

7 comments:

Susie said...

Ouch!! I will be praying for him!! That's has to be hard for a junior boy to have to go through!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Awww man. That really stinks!

Jaime Mac said...

WOW! Poor Cody! But I was totally gonna bring up the chick angle...he needs to work that! :)

Jami said...

Man, that really does stink. You are right about the chicks, they will totally dig him, if they don't already.

Jill said...

That stinks, but that is awesome about his team visiting. I meant to ask you if your sister draws blood at the hospital. I think she did when I delivered Kash. She is beautiful! :)

Tracey said...

Poor Cody & Poor Jo!! :(

Hopefully he will heal very quickly and this will be a thing of the past!

Angie said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery. I imagine he is heartbroken.