Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ballerina girl.

Wednesday was a day that Hope had been looking forward to for several weeks. And of course, we frequently discussed it..

"Momma, I can't wait for you to watch me dance at my decital"

"Your what?"

"You know, decital."

"Yes. I can't wait to watch your recital either, sweetie."

This really wasn't a recital, but more of a, just come see what we've learned so far kinda thing. But we didn't care, we were pumped!




I've explained how I'm living through Hope and her dance. 

 I just can't help myself.

 I must have taken 85 pictures.

And was ridiculously impressed.

 And VERY astonished at how serious she took it all. I mean just LOOK at that face.
But then again, she was still Hope.

 Her wonderful teacher, Ms. Martha, had them being all kinds of still and calm at times.




 But the girls were really itching to do their freestyle thing.
 Oh the fun of letting loose.
Hair flying...
 Full on speed...
 And the ultimate dancers prize? The LEAP.

And just before the show was to end, a request was put out that some of us get up there and dance with them. So, I knocked small children and elderly over sheepishly volunteered to go up with her.


 I may have looked just SLIGHTLY foolish...


 But the look in her eyes for me being a goon? Totally worth it.
 Love my little ballerina girl.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

OH MY WORD. Absolutely presh!! Those pictures are just adorable! And, you crack me up...knocking over the children and elderly to dance...awesome!

Jami said...

I wish I could have seen you knock over some little girls :)

She is so adorbs!!!!
Love it!

Jaime Mac said...

Please tell whoever took pics of you dancing that I love them.

Susie said...

How adorable!! That was to funny with your dancing!!

Angie said...

Okay she might just be the cutest little gal I've ever seen in that costume!

Kerry said...

Oh my gosh she is so adorable!! Just look at her go and I love the black on her, she suits it. She obviously loves Ballet and her face in that pic with her teacher is priceless!! Love it :)

Cindy said...

Just beautiful!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OH MY!!! That is AWESOME!!! Love that you went up there! I totally would have done the same thing!!!