Thursday, May 3, 2012

HIS project.

Pierce came home with a paper this week, asking us to make a "float" in honor of the Kentucky Derby. By float, they meant a shoe box, just all cutesified and the kids will parade them around at school. Fun! 

My wheels started to turn, and I had visions of a box with roses, and lots of cute horses, etc. 

When I shared my ideas with him, he looked at me like I was trying to ruin his life. I mean, why wouldn't a 7 year old boy want a rose covered box? 

SO, I swallowed MY ideas, and decided to let him do what he wanted.

He was pumped.

 I sat by and offered what help I could, but kept my mouth shut.
We worked good as a team!
 And it was pretty sweet to watch him work his little magic.
 Empty canvas ready to be decorated.
 He did agree to at least put a horse on it.
 BUT THEN, we added Star Wars.
 Because nothing says Kentucky Derby like Star Wars.
But I think it's the best horse/star wars float I've ever laid eyes on.




5 comments:

Jami said...

Good job for not letting mom OCD kick in.
He looks so dang big too!

Susie said...

What a cute idea!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is sooo hard for me! Way to go for keeping it in! :)

Angie said...

Ahh he did a good job! Isn't it amazing how our visions totally differ from theirs. I was so hard for me to let go of control and let my daughter do her own thing. I'm such a perfectionist!

Tracey said...

I think it is a great looking box! The star wars is cute. ;) I remember when we were supposed to make our own checkers set in ELEMENTARY school and my dad made mine with plexiglass, etched out the sides and stained the squares...um, yeah, a 4th grader did that. ;)