Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to reality

Today was a bittersweet day. Alarm went off and I knew I had to get right up, instead of my normal, hit snooze a minimum of 4 times then get up. Back to school, and Tom and Pam leaving. It's been a wonderful few weeks filled with lots of fun, but yet I'm ready for my routine. Not to mention my house is a mess! We will miss Meemaw and Grandpa though. 


The last few day, the kids have been all about this house right here. 

 One of those that you color after you put it up (like the one you have Jami)
 But Hope has especially loved it!!
 It's just her size, and she loves playing pretend in there.
 She's eaten dinner in there, and who else could convince grown ups to crawl on in. Hope of course.
 She even set up a Christmas tree with gifts for her very own Christmas. And yes, my Christmas is still up. I know, I know, get it down already!! Maybe I'll just leave it up year round....
 I thought it was great that we had just a little snow last night! Enough for the kids to romp around for a few, and right before it was time to go back to school. Honestly, I thought they would probably cancel, considering our 14!!!! snow days last year. :)
 But back to reality for these little two right here, meant saying goodbye to Meemaw and Grandpa. Sigh.
Now back to cleaning and organizing! I'm on a mission....

6 comments:

Jami said...

Your house looks good! We had to use crayons, markers looks much better. Ours is about to bite the dust, guess that is what happens with two rowdy boys.

Susie said...

That is a neat house!! I know what you about reality hitting!! I had to get up for the girls to start coming back over.

Jaime Mac said...

One of my jewelry hostesses leaves her tree up all year. She decorates it for the upcoming holiday. (flags & red, white & blue for 4th of July, etc). Maybe that's a good way to keep your precious tree up? Just don't tell rico i suggested it mmmm kay?

Tracey said...

Well, you are still safe...its only Jan 3rd! Now, if your tree is still up in March, I will be concerned about you. ;)

the lewis gang said...

booo! reality is no fun! and get that tree down already! i always take mine down the day after christmas. i'm so ready to get back to a normal house right after christmas! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Back to reality.....BOOOO!!!!!