Sunday, January 15, 2012

A reallllly laid back Saturday

This post will have drama, sword fights, tears, and a dramatic elimination. 

Okay, it will have none of that. I'm just trying to rope you all in. 

Wanna hear about our Saturday? Good.

I took the kids to Target to spend their gift cards. Pierce knew exactly what he wanted. He went right for the Pokemon! 

 Hope on the other hand, had a very hard time making a decision.
 And after much deliberation, she finally settled on ...
 Barbie stuff. Let me be honest about Barbie, I'm not a big fan, but she's drawn to it. I just try and limit the amount she has.
 Onto another thing I did on my Saturday. See this lamp here on Pierce's dresser? I think he got this when he was 2! so it was high time to make some changes. But let me show you what else I've done...
 I bought this sign, and ordered this canvas of Pierce.
 Then I updated his lamp, and now I'm thinking I should go buy another one for the other side.
 We also hung his new Pottery Barn hook.
 And while I was showing Pierce his updates, he added what he thinks is a perfect addition.
 A reshiram. It's Pokemon, and I don't understand that stuff at all! He thinks it's cool though. :)
 I plan on doing something similar in Hope's room, I want to order a canvas and get a sign, I just want it to look more feminine, so I'm keeping my eyes open.


Oh, and I made a pinterest recipe in the crock pot! (I'm fully aware that these riveting details in my life, are what keep my ten's of readers coming back for more)
 Yeah, it looks like something that shouldn't be eaten, but I swear it was good! Chicken, cream cheese, salsa, corn, and black beans. Cook for 7 hours on low, and serve with rice or on tortillas. Yum!!
 And I've decided to start taking my picture once a month, to watch the hair grow. Kinda like a baby, except not nearly as cute. So, here is month one. Exciting stuff, I know.
Happy weekend!!!


8 comments:

Jami said...

The canvas and sign look great! Love that picture of him. The crock pot meal looks good too. Love your hair and outfit. It really is getting long.

Jessica said...

This sounds like a great day to me! Life stays so busy....some of my favorite days are when we get the chance to just be home and play. In the winter, we call these days pj days :)

I love the sign in his room :)

Jaime Mac said...

You make me laugh. I cant wait to see how the hair progresses. Can you also hold up a sign with the number of inches long it is ? (you know how I see people who are pregnant do with their # of weeks on it?) :)

Jaime Mac said...

OH-what in the name of all that is good & holy do you have against Barbie? Sheesh.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

love those canvases. i like the idea of taking pics of your hair too!

Brittany said...

love the canvas - very very cute:) and that picture of him and his smile - too adorable:))))

p.s i'm not a big barbie fan either:(

Brittany said...

i agree with jamie mac.....a weekly update (like pregnancy), you in front of your mirror, front view and side view. Then make it a flip book a the end of the year - very cool:)

Tracey said...

LOVE Pierce's stuff!! :) Very cool. And love the outfit!