Sunday, January 29, 2012

Girls just wanna have fun

Friday night Brittany had us and some other friends over for a little celebration for Blake's birthday.

33 years old.
 Did we all say the same thing when we turned 33? Same age as Jesus.
 I did my best to get a group shot of the kids, but that didn't turn out so well. A) All the kids would not cooperate. B) My camera acts up sometimes, and the picture of all the kids on the couch, they looked like the were sitting on the sun. Soooo frustrating :/
 I did manage to get a little time holding Miss Ella. She's so cuuuute!
 Then we (by we, I mean the ladies and kids, the guys stayed downstairs watching sports) all went upstairs for some play time.
And at first it was all about the kids. They were running around like banshees...
 Playing up a storm! Sweating, bouncing, playing ball, singing, and dancing...
BUT somehow, in the midst of child's play, the women girls took over, and it became ALL about us.
 You get a group of girls together, and turn on 'girls just wanna have fun' and we revert, and act a fool. (My favorite is Karen on the left. She looks like she's doing a little praise and worship!! Picture courtesy of Brittany)
 And while the women folk act crazy, all the children can do is look on in horror.
 But it's true.
 Girls really do, just wanna have fun.

8 comments:

Jami said...

My kind of fun! Looks like a really fun night! I can't say enough how happy I am you found such an amazing group of women down there. I'm saying "down there" in my deep south voice.

Jessica said...

Looks like a great time to me!

Jill said...

Too fun! And I love that song and so true, you DO have to just belt it out when it comes on! What a great group of gals! :)

Susie said...

Looks like a lot of fun with the girls!!

Granny G said...

I love how you have marked out the word women and put girls! DO NOT ever turn into a woman, always stay a girl and you will never get old! I dance and sing all the time!

Tracey said...

I love the kids looking on in horror...too funny!! :) You got some really cute pics!

Angie said...

Ha Ha- I love it. It's too fun to act a fool from time to time!

Jaime Mac said...

You ladies crack me up! Looks sooo fun!