Friday, January 27, 2012

Pinterest? 'You are my sunshine'

When I heard about Pinterest, I initially of course, had no desire to do it. That's my usual m.o. I don't want to try the new thing. I finally caved, because all the cool kids were doing it, and I didn't want to be left out.  And I'm so glad that I did! It has given me soooo many ideas. It's like a kick in the brain, for the non creative souls of this world. 

Lots of party ideas....
 Hope would just DIE!
 Fun things to try with the kids..
 Ta-da!!
 New recipes, that I have ventured into trying...

 And when I made this nugget recipe, Paul said, "this is the best thing you've ever made." It only took 9 years to hear that!! :)
 But then, one day when I was perusing around, I saw THIS, and I knew that it was just what I wanted.  I had been wanting to do something different in the living room, but everything I saw, just didn't peak my interest. But this I loved.
So, as part of my Christmas from my parents, I ordered it, and it came just a few days ago! I was so excited.
 I had a whole idea of what I wanted to do, and Paul being the good husband he is, had to do the tedious job and put it together for me.
 If it were up to me to put it up, it would be a m-e-s-s.
 But he did it perfect!
 And I love it!
 It's just different enough for me
 And adds the pizazz I was looking for.
 And now I'm thinking I need some chevron pillows, and a throw. Back to pinterest I go..... ;-)

9 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! That is mine and my granny's song. I so need that piece of art in my home!

Isn't pinterest just AMAZING?

pambush said...

I really like it. It makes the room look so cheery. Good job!

Jessica said...

I love this !!!!! I may have to copy you :). I sing this song to my three all the time !!!!

Jill said...

Oh my! Yellow is my fave color and that is one of my fave kids songs! LOVE!!!

And I love the Chevron pattern stuff, too! ;)

Susie said...

That looks so good!My daughter has been getting me to try Pinterest.

Jami said...

Looks awesome! Those pillows would look great! I've got something up my sleeve as well for our foyer.

You are right, Hope would LOVE those party ideas. May have to look that nugget recipe up.

Jaime Mac said...

That looks great! I was scared of Pinterest too (Shocker...) but I finally joined the club. I love it!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE!! Yellow is my favorite color!! This is super duper cute! I've not jumped on this bandwagon yet. I am trying hard to resist as I know I don't need something else to do!

Tracey said...

LOVE. It looks really good!!