Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow day, numero uno

Well, we finally reached our first snow day here. Last year we had a mere 14! snow days, and I'm sure hoping we don't do that again. :)  A snow day here and there, I have to admit is kinda fun, so today was a treat.  And we wouldn't let the massive dusting stop us from getting out. 


 We met up for some play time at the connection center at our church. They kids bounced and played really hard, and then of course worked up a big ol' appetite.
Or maybe more like just looking for another reason to go play more with friends. God bless Chick Fil A.
 When we got home, it was time to break out the big play guns.

Dodge ball....


Pedicure.
 Connect 4. And I didn't take any prisoners.

 Butterfly Bingo.
 Child Labor.
 And my Achilles heel. PUZZLES. Lord, how I loathe puzzles.
 Then I called in reinforcements.

Daddy.
 Who came home with projects for the kids! Woot! Pierce worked on a solar system that he had to paint and we will hang in his room.
 While Hope had sand art to create.



Today was a really fun day. I love winter and I've always loved snow days. Now, if I had to work out in the cold weather, I'm sure I would feel differently about that. AND if we work up to another 14 snow days, I will be crying a different tune as well.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Snow days are fun when you only have a few not a lot like you say!!

Jessica said...

Love snow days like today...looks like you all made the most of it! Here's hoping for a few more!

April said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun. :)

Jami said...

Random snow days are pretty good. Especially if you can still get out in it. Looks like a lot of fun!

Cindy said...

Looks like a fun day! Love the daddy crafting!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Winter is such a fun time to stay in and play games. As much as I complain about the cold weather, it's fun too! :)