Monday, January 2, 2012

Scanning is addictive

When it comes to technology I am always 20 steps behind. Always. And if you know anything about my dad, he's about 20 steps in front of the rest of the world. I know my dad just shakes his head, when he has to spend 965 hours talking me through the simplest things (hi dad!) And thanks to him, I now can scan stuff. I am well aware that people have been scanning for a long time now, but it's a wonder I don't blog by typewriter and telegraph. 

So, between last night and today, I've just been looking for things to scan. If you sit still long enough, I might try and scan you. 


I started with my favorite subjects of all!! 
 Next two things, were gifts Hope made for us at pre-school.

 Practicing her name!
 One of Pierce's spelling test, that he got a perfect score on!
 And one of his journal entries. 'I like having a feld chrep and riting a bus'
 Then, I decided to move onto random pictures....Look at my sweet baby girl.
 Makes me sad.
 Oh snap!
 Waaaaa!!!!! (This is me crying like a maniac)
And how about we check me out in high school.

Holy tanning bed batman. Let's just ignore my hair why don't we?
 Photo booth at the RIVER FALLS MALL, shout out if you remember that!
 Hi-larious. I went to the Prom with a guy from NEW ALBANY high school, that was big time for a Graceland chick. Also, Hope saw this picture and said, "mommy who is this?" "Oh, just a friend from high school" "Is this daddy?" "No, it's not" (then she starts making an ugly face) and she proceeds to say, "I don't like him, and I want you to throw this picture away!" HA!!!!
 In my twenties, getting ready to go out.
 I think this was a night out in Memphis.
 During the blonde era.
 And here was my super short hair phase.
 But my two of my favorite things I scanned today, is Paul not even a year old. Sweetness!
 And my Grandad.
Oh what fun and how addictive scanning is!!!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

LOVE the pictures! My favorite is the prom one and so funny that Hope said throw it away. LOL

Jaime Mac said...

You are so funny! Thanks for sharing the pics! You look sooo different as a blonde!

Tracey said...

Oh my word Gretchen!!!!!! I love this post.

Hope as a baby....tears galore! That's when we started getting close!! I'm the baby whisperer! ;)

The pic of you and Dana cracks.me.up! Hello make-up!!

I have no words for u as a blonde....you and Sharolyn in matching purple dresses?? Hmmm.

Love the pic of your grandpa! Super cool pic.

Susie said...

Such a funny post!! I know what you mean about technology, I am the same way!!

Jami said...

I don't for the life of me know where to even begin.

Yes, Hopie's pics, tear!
Goodness, forget the hair, what on Earth did you have on? A tuxedo?

Thank you for sharing, made my night :)

ginmommy said...

Yes, Jami a tuxedo! I was in chorus and that was our costume so to speak. And Tracey the reason Sharolyn and I have on matching dresses, is because we were in a wedding. We didn't just run around in matching dresses! HA!

Granny G said...

Loving the blonde hair!!!

Jill said...

Oh my! Too fun to look at these, Gretchen! Love your old day pics and the pics of the kids are too, too sweet!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Love looking back at oldpics!! That's my favorite thing about my blog!!