Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In the south, women do brunch

Though I've only moved 2 hours south, I have somehow been labeled the Yankee around these parts. Sometimes, I think they believe I hail from Boston or something. I don't think I'm what one would view as way northern (even though when I get loud and mouthy, northern always enters the convo..."there's her Northern coming out") no, just a tried and true Hoosier is what I would label me! 

Earlier in the week, I was invited to brunch at LeAnn's house, which was very nice!! But I do admit, it made me feel very southern. I know I've done brunch up in the Holy Lands, but it just felt different this time. 

We each brought something to eat, while LeAnn provided food for the children, drinks, and of course her home. I decided to do it up right, and show them that this Yankee knows how to make monkey bread. Anything that is dough covered in sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar, and 2! stick of butter, can't be bad, right? And I would say, it was like the end of the Civil War, no longer North versus South, just sisters, united by good monkey bread goodness. 




I didn't take a ton of pictures, I was busy enjoying myself with the ladies. Have I said how nice it is, to be welcomed by so many? Well, trust me, it is. It's a true blessing.

Oh, and GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!! :-)

5 comments:

Jami said...

That looks like my kind of brunch.

Angie said...

What a fun time! Glad that everyone is making you feel right at home. It has to make the transition easier!

Susie said...

Happy to see all is going well with transition for you!! You seem like an easy, lovable girl to be with!! I love brunches!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad to see like a good Yankee, you're infiltrating the south...

Tracey said...

I love brunch stuff. Oh my word. Yummy. :) Looks like fun!!!