Thursday, January 26, 2012

Going to keep it honest about hat day

Soooooo. Today was hat day at school. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? And it's really tempting to show you this picture here and say how fun of a day is is....

Happy Hope. Oh boy, hat day is fun!
 But that would be a lie. So, let me keep it honest here. THIS is how Hope acted about wearing her hat.
 I took Hope out yesterday,and let HER pick out a special new hat for school today. THIS is what she chose to wear, oh yippee skippy. Yet today, when it was time to wear the new said hat, she fell apart. I wanted to ring her little neck  (even though, I remember my mom FORCING me to wear a LAMB hat one time, and I sobbed the entire time. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right mom?!) We went three rounds about it, and I assured her that she could wear it in, and then take it off.
She went into school happy, but we still had to go through a myriad of emotions before getting there. Oh my soul people. :)))

9 comments:

Granny G said...

I am cracking up at that face!!! I love being the Ninny, Granny or Mammy!!!LOL

Susie said...

It's funny while you are picking out a hat they are excited about. When they actually have to wear it they don't want too. Ellie does the same thing to me.

Angie said...

Awww she looks adorable in her heart. Trust me, it only gets worse. Mine is 13 now and well nothing really changes with girls :)

Tracey said...

I love Hope! Drama rules!! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is great!!!! :)

Jaime Mac said...

This made me smile. But I AM sorry Hope was sad... :( But...still smiled...

Cindy said...

She looks cute in her hat! It makes me feel better that we are not the only ones who have morning meltdowns. No matter what we do sometimes us mama's just can't win.

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

hahahaha, this cracks me up! Well she looks adorable in it!

Jami said...

The joys of a 4 year old! Trust me,it's not just girls that are packed full of drama, Cooper can exploud at the drop of a hat. Ha ha, hat!