Sunday, January 8, 2012

We made up for the last time

Tracey and I try and set aside a little girl time about every 3 months. However, it seems like something always comes up, and I mean that literally. Remember last time? I ended up getting sick at her house on Saturday morning, and I had a two hour drive home, after I had been throwing up. Meh. 

Anxiously, we planned this trip for January, and prayed that all of us would stay healthy, and thankfully we did! Yipee! (Even though I am now battling a lovely head cold, but a mere head cold cant stop me. I'm tough like that)


It was important to me that Tracey and Brittany meet each other. It's strange to have friends, and your other friends don't know them. You know? So, a plan was set. Friday night...bum, bum, bum.......

Tracey and Brittany finally met, and I was like an obnoxious mom. "Brittany, Tracey has been to Australia and Russia on mission trips, isn't that neat!!" It was like I was trying to set them up or something. What can I say? I love them both and wanted them to like each other. 

I don't think they needed me though....


 We sat and ate and gabbed, and discussed important things, like how do you get your hair to curl like that, Teen Mom, and The Bachelor. And within no time, we decided to go shop.

Seeing that I had gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket, we mostly looked for me. And I don't even want to admit out loud, where we ended up. Sheepishly, I will admit it....FOREVER 21.

I recognize that I am in fact 37, and 21 has well since passed. But Kelly Stamps says she shops there, so if she does, then I can, right?

 I also handed off my camera while I was trying on all my outfits. Somebody was having too much fun while I was in there. My boots....
 My boots again...
 Self portrait of some pretty girls....
 Random young people who belong in FOREVER 21!
 More random young people....
 And me channeling my inner young girl, circa 1997.
 But take heart, I was not the only one playing around. Check out Brittany here, who looks like she belongs on Dallas, with a scotch in her hand. Love it! It was a fun Friday night. :))))
 So, Saturday Tracey and I were ready to do some more shopping damage. But first we had to represent that we are in fact Indiana girls at heart.
 We decided to head to Nashville to shop, the first mall we went to was Cool Spring Galleria and I did not take a single pic. Head cold was coming on strong, and I was also in the heat of shopping. Shopping, takes serious concentration, you know? After lunch though, I spotted something in the distance...something so good, that I just had to frolic around a tree....Starbucks.
 Tracey tried her first Frappacunio. Even though, I'm not sure if it counted. It was strawberries and creme, no coffee in it. Wimp.
 We, well I, was hopped up on caffeine and decided we would find the other mall that everyone had told us to go to. The Mall at Green Hills. Who needs GPS, when you have Gretchen giving you directions? And can you believe we found it???? I give all the credit to Tracey though, you know if it were me driving, right now we would be in Alabama.
 First stop. Brittany had told us to check this place out. It's packed with NEAT painted furniture, for reasonable prices! SO cool!!
 After Nadeau, we finally made it to the mall, where one of the first stores we ventured into was so fun!!
 This place was a HUGE jewelry/purse/just pure fun store. We must have looked around for an hour! JaimeMac, I took this for you. Just a very small portion of the store that was just purple jewelry. You would have died!
 Dad, I saw this and thought of you!
 And mom, I saw this and thought of you! They serve gelato!!
 After we had shopped most of the day, we headed back to BG, I was in need of some medicine. Speaking of which, I bought some NyQuil, and got carded!!! How funny is that?! Guess they think I'm going to make some Meth with it?? Who knows.

But only being able to breathe out of one nostril didn't stop us still, because there were two more things we knew had to get done before this weekend was over.
 First, we had 3 cupcakes to attend to. At 9:57 at night. Oh.my.word. We split these between us, and seriously almost died from sugar and butter poisoning. I'm happy to report that we did survive though
 And we went to church together this morning. I really wanted Tracey to see where we go now, and I'm SO happy that she could go. I felt really rough this morning, but it was so good to have here there.
This was such a great weekend!! I'm thankful for Paul and Eric, who took the kids for the weekend for us, and are understanding of letting us have our time. We missed you Jami! Hopefully next time you can join us. :) And mostly I'm happy to say that we made up for the last time. No puking, no sick kids, just pure blessed friend time.

8 comments:

Susie said...

It's great that you get to have those special girls time!! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Jami said...

I have to admit I wanted to cry reading this. H
Looks like a fantastic weekend!

Jaime Mac said...

It looks like you gals had a great time! Sorry you were feeling sickly! :( Thanks for the pic of the purpley stuff. Heaven....

Loved this post! SOOO fun!!

Tracey said...

It's so fun to read about it! We really are quite fun! :) This weekend was a true blessing for me. I adore you.

Forget about it!! (Said in my best Jersey accent.)

Amanda Brady said...

Did you wear that outfit from Forever 21....that may be why you were carded for the Nyquil. Also, love me some GiGi's cupcakes.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

This is just fun! I am so glad you guys had a fun weekend! :)

Arthur Family said...

How fun! I'm a little jealous...:)

Brittany said...

Ah, what a FUN weekend - loved loved love our girl time Friday night:) Wasn't it great? I think my cheeks were hurting from smiling so much!

Love your girl, she's pretty awesome!