Monday, January 16, 2012

Little girl playdate heaven. Pierce had fun too though.

Between last night and today, Hope has been in little girl paradise. Last night our small group leaders had us over for dinner, and they have two little girls. It was like pink heaven. We warned Pierce early on that he would be outnumbered and to bring his own toys, but I still think he was a little overwhelmed by all the girlie goodness. 

 Tea parties with doll babies!
 And lots of dress up! With a semi, sorta performance for us. :)
 Thank you so much Todd and LeAnn for having us over! It was delicious, and all of us, even Pierce, had a great time. :)

And as if last night was not enough, today there was MORE playdate heaven! The kids were out today for MLK day, and Karen had us over. Fun! Lots of dress up and make up...
 And a few dance performances for us.
 You just have to love it! Karen and I even got up and shook it a little with them.
 AND THEN! I know, the excitement is just too much. Brittany, Layton and Luke joined us for a bit, and there was an awesome dinner prepared for us. They also had a birthday party for me, and when Karen asked Jax how old I was he said, "42?" Kill.me.now.
 But the one who was the most miserable? Check out his face right here. He wanted no part with all this dress up, dinner party, girlie nonsense. But don't feel too badly for him just yet...
Pierce and Jax had an alliance going, and even a fort (that's not a fart)
 And they were gun toting, destroying, wild boy machines.
 Who loved to torture the little dancing girls.
 And even antagonized them. :)
But before the playdate was over, they broke into the Wii! What fun!
 But the highlight for me? A curling your hair lesson, with a straight iron! Who would have thunk it? (Tracey, I can teach you now! :))
 Brittany has great hair, and I've always wondered how she gets those pretty curls. Well, now I know!
 Plus, Brittany is itching for a little girl to get her girl on with. So, we let her have at ours!
 Um, look at this! How adorable is this little curly head!
 Such cutie pies. :)
 Can't leave out the back of the hair...so cute.
 We managed to get them all lined up before we left. Such great memories.
 I'm blessed with great friends in Kentucky and Indiana! But someone please remind me to never wear that jacket again. :) I know I'm shameful looking, but the other two are quite cute.

10 comments:

Jami said...

I'm honestly a little surprised you have a camo jacket, even if it is pink.

Oh my word, Hope and her curls. A-Dorable!

I've never seen pictures of Brittany with her hair straight, I like it! she does have great hair.

Susie said...

What fun the girls look like they had!! What great friends.

Cindy said...

ok, I am jealous!!!! I need a curling lesson too. Did you say it was your birthday? Happy Birthday!

Brittany said...

Hilarious:) and such a fun day!

Glad I got to get my "girl on" with your girls......I am drowning in cars, trucks, wrestling and ball sometimes. And her hair looks "OH SO CUTE!"

And I love ya - even in that jacket! ha!

Tracey said...

Brittany = awesome! :)))))

Love it that the kids had some fun playdates!! And I will be waiting for my curl lesson...

Tracey said...

And, Gin...you got new clothes. For the love of all that's good, I don't think that jacket was in the bag. ;)

Brittany said...

TRACCCCEYYYY - girl you are tOO funny!

The bottom part of the jacket is great....(glass half full, here!) But nevertheless, she is beautiful even in her pink camo:)

Jaime Mac said...

Looks like some fun stuff! I love Hope's hair all curled up! Cute!

Yes, please burn that jacket...OR just leave it in Michigan so it's there when you return. Camo...really? Ugh... :)

Arthur Family said...

I'm trying to get over the fact that they sell pink camo! So much girl fun!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That looks like a TON of fun!! I am excited to start playing that!! :)