Monday, January 9, 2012

It's on

Let me give a little set up first. Paul likes long hair, always has and I suppose always will.  When we first met, I had really short hair, I guess that didn't stop him, huh? I grew my hair out for our wedding though, probably the longest it had ever been, excluding high school. But once we got married I cut it. (that's a good wife, reeling him in, then lowering the hair boom) And, since then it's mostly been on the short side. But the last few times I've went for a hair cut, I've told her I would like it to grow out a little, so for me, it feels kinda long. But apparently still not long enough....

Me: "Have you noticed how much longer my hair is getting?"

Paul: Blankly stares at me a few moments, "No, not really."

Me: "I've had several people say that it looks long. How come you don't notice it?"

Paul: "I guess because I see you everyday. I mean if it were long like when we got married, I would notice that."

Me: "You will just never let that go, will you? You only liked my hair then?"

Paul: "How about this. How about you let it grow out for our 10 year anniversary, as long as it was on our wedding day, and that can be my gift. And from then on, I promise to never bring it up, or ask you to grow it out, ever again."

Me: "Really? Never again?"

Paul: "Yes, never again."

Me: "Okay, how much longer does it need to be?"

Paul: "About 4 or 5 inches longer"

Me: "Okay, it's on"


We just celebrated 9 years in December, so I have about a year to grow my hair out 4 or 5 more inches. But I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time with this. I'm a change my hair up, kinda gal, and generally not a fan of long hair on myself, however I am really going to try. Do you think I can do it? And do you think I should ask for something in return if I do make it? Or just be a sweet wife, and make that Paul's decade gift? His wife with the longer hair he's been dreaming of since the the first chop, chop....




11 comments:

Jami said...

You can do it! I'll do it with you. Although when long my hair seems to get flat so I will need to do something different with mine too. I would totally ask for something in return, like some new jewelry. Wasn't your five year gift the addition to your wedding band that you really got on your four year?

ginmommy said...

Good memory, Jami! Yes, got an extra band for my wedding set at 4 years. And just to clarify, Paul would get me a gift anyways, I'm just thinking like do I need a reward for letting my hair grow long? You know I have to milk any opportunity I can for more. :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

You can do it! I can't wait to watch it grow! I can't let mine get much longer than this either. This is long for me! ha! Daniel likes long hair too!

Jaime Mac said...

I DON'T know if you can do it? Just for love's sake? Bleh!
Think of an awesome gift for him to give you...THEN I know you can do it! :)

Susie said...

If he is going to promise you something you like then I think you can do it. If you are like me when it starts getting a little long it is time to get it cut.It is just easier to take care of.

pambush said...

Personally,the fact that he's willing to never bug you about it again is plenty reward enough . . . don't you think?
By the way, your father-in-law thinks Paul should get something more out of it.

Cindy said...

This is going to be fun to watch. You can do it girl! You will love putting it up in the summer. We need some measurement pictures so we can see the progress each month. HA! Skip the gift buying and go on a fun trip!

Jill said...

I can't wait to see you with long hair! ☺

Jessica said...

Your posts ( and you ) just make me smile :)

Tracey said...

Just think...you can curl it with a flat iron! Who knew?!! ;)

the lewis gang said...

i think it's so funny how particular guys are about that stuff. my bro-in-law won't let me sis cut her hair too short. luckily, damon's laid back. he says, "i'm not the one that has to deal with it and fix it. i don't care what you do!" i'm with jami on long hair. mine is always flat and gross and ends up in a pony anyway. i am living vicariously through darbi with her long, lucious locks! maybe i can live vicariously through you too! :)