Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Confessions

I've seen lots of other blogs do this. The blogger kind of confesses to some things, that they maybe wouldn't otherwise admit, and I think they are fun! I've decided to give it a go!

*I've always thought the show the Bachelor/Bachelorette was duuuuuuumb. I mean, ridiculous! Yet, last season Tracey and I got sucked into watching the Bachelorette. (Tracey I am taking you down with me) I found myself excited for it each week, and was rooting for one particular guy, like it actually made me nervous she wouldn't pick him. Tracey and I would text each other each week about it, "Ashley, is getting on my nerves, I mean quit crying already." And dare I admit more? Okay...I have my DVR set for the Bachelor this season. Heaven help me.

*I round brush Hope's hair after every bath. Like, sit her down and make her sit there while I round brush it. It feels very Toddler's and Tiaraesque.

*Speaking of Toddler's and Tiara's. Hope has INCREDIBLE eyelashes, like the kind you dream of. One day I put mascara on her. I KNOW.

*Sometimes when I hear the kids arguing, I pretend I don't, just so I don't have to deal with it.

*My favorite thing to do when both the kids are in school? Crank up my 80's and 90's music and dance away. I guess it kinda takes me back to being younger and carefree. Yet, I'm reminded of my age, when the running man makes me get out of breath now.

*I never drank coffee until I turned 30 years old. But, in that 7 years I've become, well obsessed. When I go to bed each night, I can't help but think how excited I am to get up in the morning and have a cup.

*If I had the means, I really think I could be a shopaholic. Like, hit the stores up every.single.day. Buy stuff for me, the house, the kids, my family, etc. Shopping is up there with coffee. It excites me.


Okay, I think that will be all for this time.
Shew! I feel better now. :-) Come on fellow bloggers....fess up.


10 comments:

Susie said...

I agree with the ignoring the fussing sometimes it is better. They may settle it on their own.

April said...

How fun! I may have to do a confessions post, too. :)

Jami said...

Fun! I got excited thinking you were going to share some juicy details!!! I too pretend not to hear my kids arguing, even though one is only 16 monhts old.

Cindy said...

If you feel like someone is peering in your windows....it is me watching you dance to the 80's. TeeeHeee! I might join you! Can we tease our bangs?

Tracey said...

Uh oh...is this a throw down? A challenge? Hmmmm, I may follow suit.

Great post! I loved it. Mascara? Really???

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

This is great!! I like it!! I do the same things.....bachelorette, dancing, it's just fun!

Jaime Mac said...

Oh, I loved this! Very funny! Listen, I already knew about the 'kids fighting' thing. You know how I know? Because somehow I can hear the words, 'MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM' & the actual mom magically doesn't hear it. It's a gift.... :) (or coping mechanism. details, schmetails...)

Jill said...

What a great idea! Love it!

Dan and Denise said...

What a fun post! You and I have too much in common . . . except the Bachelor/Bachelorette thing. Kids arguing?? I don't hear it. Excited for my morning coffee . . . heck, yeah! Shop-a-holic . . . absolutely! Here's one for you though . . . Our rule at home is that Gabriel is not allowed to get out of bed in the morning on non-school days until 7 a.m. Well, I set the clock in his bedroom back an hour on Friday nights. Ha! He will be so mad if he ever catches on!

Angie said...

Just stumbled across your blog & love it! You've gained a new follower :)

I had to laugh at the arguing confession. My kids are 12 years apart and still find things to argue about. I totally ignore them sometimes, your right it's just easier.

I've always said if I had money I'd be dangerous. I could totally be a shopaholic!!!

Happy Weekend :)