Friday, April 20, 2012

226,954 miles.

I kinda feel weird blogging this, because it's just about a thing, a possession. But I talk about most everything on here, so here goes. 


This van right here, as ghetto fabulous as it was, was a gift from God. 

 Literally a gift.

First we lost our car, then we lost our house. Both of those things, really hard to live through, but I have to be honest, living without a car affected me more.

I don't really remember how long I went without a vehicle, but at the time it felt like an eternity! Stranded at home, depending on others to get me to and fro, and honestly, no means to an end in sight. Pierce was on the verge of starting kindergarten and I was stuck feeling desperate, thinking I had no way to get to school for anything.

Prayer, after prayer after prayer was going up, for some kind of answer, and in the 11th hour when it seemed hopeless, and answer came, and it came in the form of a van.

That van has carried us for almost 2 years, and it's a SHOCK it's lasted this long. No working air conditioner, countless issues popping up, and of course, hearing me coming a mile away. Aside from all those issues though, I have been grateful for that van. It's a reminder of mercy.

But here we are, 226, 954 miles and the ol' van, is barely creeping down the road. The kids would often ask me, "Mom are you even trying to drive?" "Oh yes kids, the pedal is on the floor. Let's just crank up our Jay Z Celine and ignore it, okay?"
 We picked up, our new to us vehicle yesterday, and I am happy about this for more than the obvious reasons. Happy to not sweat out another summer, yes. But happy that it represents Paul's good health and hard work.
 Could we end up car less ever again? Of course. But for now, we are going to enjoy it.

Let's go Hope....time to crank up some Phil Collins and go fill a stereotype!
Thankful.

9 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow girl, I had no idea and would never have guessed. Times are rough these days and so many of us are getting knocked to the ground. Kudos to you for keeping your chin and your spirits up!

Lots of love and hope that you have a great weekend!

xoxox

Susie said...

Haven't heard the story about Paul's Health before!! Sorry to here that!! Glad everything is back on track!! You look good in the new car!!

Jami said...

You got the Camry! So, so excited for you guys.

Jaime Mac said...

LOVE THIS! Yay for you! I love the blue color! Enjoy that new car-you've definitely earned it. :)

Jessica said...

I think that is just awesome girl!

Tracey said...

So many hard, hard days behind you guys...I'm thankful for the wonderful blessings that are pouring out on you both. :)

Cindy said...

Fantastic! You look like a hot mama in your new car!!!!!

Arthur Family said...

That is such a neat answer! I remember praying so hard for you all when Paul's health got really bad. Praise God!

melanie said...

Wow! beautiful pic. It almost looks as beautiful as kentucky blue :)

You are a strong lady and I love reading about more ways God is faithful