Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A catch all post for Indiana

We are winding down our time here in Indiana, boo to the hoo.

We've had a really great week, filled with lots o' goodness, and fun. Kids are going to be in for a rude awakening come Monday, when they have to have some semblance of structure and discipline. But for now we will soak in the last 24 hours, and live it up, Hoosier style.

I wasn't really sure how to blog some of this stuff, so it's just a catch all. 

My mom and I took the kids to see a movie.
 We saw The Lorax.
 I was pretty sure I would want to gouge out my eyeballs, but it ended up pretty cute!! Score!!
 Speaking of movies, I stayed the night with my sister, and we rented the remake of Footloose.
 I told Jo, there is no way I'm going to ever watch the remake of that movie. Footloose, is up there with my 3 all time favorite movies, so it felt sacrilegious to watch the new one. I was however, pleasantly surprised at how closely they stayed with the original, and I did enjoy it. But it still wont take the place of my cheesy, coming of age, 80's movie!!
 It's been nice having extra time with my sister. I miss her dearly.
 My mom was super fun one day, and built the kids an uber cool tent.
 It may have even occupied the kids attention for nearly 45 minutes. Huge in kid time.
 And it's been so nice seeing my friend's kids too!! Aiden has been on this earth for nearly 4 months and I just now met him!
 And even now Maggie May is making up to me. I just make some progress and it's time to leave again.
We had some fun today with our friends, but I will blog that one later when I make it home.

We've had a great week, no doubt about it.

4 comments:

Jami said...

I was going to ask about the zoo, can't wait to see crazy group pics. It's been a great week!

Angie said...

Looks like you all are enjoying yourself! I've heard several people say the Lorax is a pretty good movie! Can't wait to hear about what else you all get into!

Susie said...

Glad you enjoyed your time home with friends and family!!

Tracey said...

Can't you just stay here and let Paul commute??? Pleeeeease??!! ;)