Sunday, April 29, 2012

One step closer to a black belt.

Pierce has been in Tae Kwon Do for 14 months now. A little over a year feels like a long time to be dedicated to one sport. There are no off seasons, you just keep on going, I guess indefinitely. Will Pierce want to keep this up forever? I'm not sure. But I'm proud of the fact that his little self has stuck to it thus far.

Last weekend was time to test again. 
 Just look at him standing there so serious. I love it!
 He nailed his form!
 And took on the bear hug with no problems.
 Of course they had to spar, and I've finally become comfortable with the whole idea of that, BUT check out the size of this boy! Uh, hullo?!  I about came out of my seat, and of course, Paul is all like "it's fine." Ugh. But his instructor must know more than me, because Pierce held his own just fine.
 And his biggest fan was there rooting him on all the way.
 And all of his hard work paid off, because he is officially a blue belt now.
 SO proud of our son!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome! Tough guy!

Angie said...

Way to go Pierce! Martial Arts is a wonderful thing. It teaches so much self discipline :)

Jami said...

Being the fashionista that I am, the first thing I notice is that his belt matches his eyes!

Way to go Pierce!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW! So neat!! :)

Susie said...

Great job Pierce!! People won't be messing with him!!

Jessica said...

No wonder you are so proud!!!

Tracey said...

Okay, I would have come unglued at the kid he had to fight. ;) Great job, Pierce! Guess when he has a black belt, we can't call him Piercie any more...