Sunday, April 15, 2012

He plays with snakes while I have sleepovers.

 Blade set out for the Gorge this weekend, actually for the WHOLE weekend.

But now he is home, and he comes back wounded, scratched and sore. Sounds like a blast, huh?

Then asks me to blog his pictures for him.

While I love my husband and want to do it for him, this always puts me in a quandary. How do I blog about something I didn't do? I offered him my blog, said I would let him do it, but he passed. Punk.

So, here goes...

Please note, the giant knife that Paul is holding. It's kinda like his little buddy or something.
 I guess the guys climbed stuff.
 And Paul took lots of poetic pictures.
 And pictures of his beloved knife.
 I was thinking maybe I would try and go with him one time. Or maybe it would be better to just slit my wrists?

But let me show you the most lovely pictures from the weekend.



And check out my soul mate right there, handling that thing!!! Have I ever mentioned were opposites? A few thousand times? Sorry about that. 
 So maybe not my idea of a good time, but glad he could get out and have fun with his friends, and recharge.


 So, my husband was gone for the weekend, and so was Brittany's.  So, what to do? What to do? Have a slumber party of course!
 Brittany was gone for a while taking some pictures, so I was the head cheese.
 I kept the kids outside to get out all that energy.
 The kids have a blast over there. Maybe a little too fun!  Hope said, "Momma, I want to live at Brittany's."
 I guess I can't blame her though, it's a kids paradise. Even my inner child and awesome athletic self got drug into a game or two. I showed the kids my skillz, but for some odd reason they decided I should cheer instead of play.
 Hey look!! It's Gretchen's flat end caught on camera again. Geez.
 So, Brittany finally returned and we had ourselves a fire!
 Blake made her a fire pit while she was away in Greece. Nice!
 And Brittany was like a real pioneer woman of the south, getting a massive 3 inch flame roaring!
 Okay, maybe not a massive fire, but still enough for a fun time!
 After the kids had played their little hearts out and a few layers of dirt washed off, it was time for the fun part. The actual sleepover!

All the kids insisted on sleeping together, and we weren't so sure how that would work
Or if they would ever fall asleep
 But finally success. First sleepover, in the books.
 Saturday morning, Brittany had the great idea to take the kids for donuts, before Layton had swim lessons. As you can see, Luke was still shaking off the cobwebs.
 But they were more interested in the 25 cent junk, than the donuts. No worries though, I took on the tough job of cleaning up the leftovers. I'm always willing to sacrifice for the group, because I'm generous like that.


I waddled my way on over with the rest of the group to watch Layton take his first lesson.  Watching him in the water, got us all pumped to go swimming ourselves.
 Another weekend has come and gone, and this means the end of spring break. Blech.

Back to the school grind tomorrow.

But thankful for the GREAT memories we've made along the week.

7 comments:

Jami said...

Her house does look fun!

Kerry said...

You guys have a great friendship!
A sleepover sounds fun, bet the kids loved every minute!
Not so sure about your husband picking up that snake, but yeah his camping trip looks err, fun!
Have a great week :)

Susie said...

What fun with a sleepover!!

Angie said...

Okay, your guy might be officially crazy LOL!!!! I hate snakes. I really really hate them. Ha Ha, glad he enjoyed himself though.

Looks like the kids had a blast. It's so nice to have somewhere for your kids to go play that you know they are enjoying themselves and are safe.

Have a nice week!

Hillary said...

Sounds like so much fun! And as always, you crack me up!! If my hubby was to ask me to blog pictures from his deer lease it would sound very similar :) ("um, here is some more trees and dirt").

xoxox

Tracey said...

Seriously, the sleep over looked like awesome fun!!! :)

Paul...there are just no words for how gross he is! A snake...really?!! Oy.

Jaime Mac said...

SNAKE?! I could've went the whole rest of my life without seeing that!!!
I think it's funny he wanted you to blog his pics! Aren't guys funny? B-rad does that to me too...he won't do it himself!

UHM, I think slitting your wrists is your best best. AND, if you do it with that big ole knife - maybe Rico will think of you when he holds it. maybe...?