Thursday, April 12, 2012

8 kids, 4 adults and 2 animals.

Wednesday morning a group of us decided we would head out for a trip to the zoo. Tracey and Jami were game, and Brittany drove up from B.G. to meet us too!! Fun!

Check us out! We were quite the group.

 And it may have been a little chaotic at times keeping this group of kids in tow, but we managed pretty well.

Let me tell you about two bizarre things about this trip to the zoo.

1) It was cold. (Normally it's like 800 degrees when we visit the zoo)

2) We hardly saw any animals.

Because of number 1, I assumed all the animals would be out enjoying the cool air. I was very sadly mistaken. But you know the great things about kids? They don't really care.

And you wanna know what's great about having a friend who's a photog? You get lots of beautiful pictures that she lets you steal for your own blog.

 Maggie May and Lukey Bear=a match made in heaven.


 See the lions asleep back there? And how sweet are all those behinds taking it in?
 Hope was quite the little mother to Maggie. She really loves her, and tells me all the time she will have a baby "just like Maggie one day."
 And while it's lovely to have all these sweet pictures of the babies...
 Beware of Brittany and that darned camera.
 No one is safe.
 And you never know what moments she might be capturing.

 It was a really great day, even if it was cold and the animals were in hiding. My kids told me several times that day, "this has been the best day of my life!!!"


Such sweet memories being made.



LOVE
 MY
 FRIENDS.

7 comments:

Jami said...

I wanna cry happy tears reading this!!! Love the last three pictures and all the emotions and laughter. Love it that your kids said that, it really was a great one.

Angie said...

What a fun day! I love the zoo :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

How fun!!! Those last three pictures are awesome!!!! Love that the kids had fun! Kids are great!

Susie said...

Glad that all the kids and adults had fun!! It is good to have such great friends to share special days like this!!

Tracey said...

Love this post. What a great, great day!!! OMW, if Maggie and Lukey get married, they will make some beautiful babies!! ;)
I <3 my friends!!!

Jaime Mac said...

Glad you had fun. All the pics of all those kids makes me break out in hives. :)

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

I love the pictures of you girls laughing - how fun! :)