Monday, April 2, 2012

Gone fishin'


Sunday after Bea headed home, Paul and I loaded the kids up to take them fishing. First time ever!!!  First time ever for 3 out of 4 of the Bush's. And we all know that it wasn't Paul's first time, so that means it was a first time for me too. I know that's not surprising at all, considering it was me, but this isn't about me...

After an hour and half drive, these kids were raring to go!! 
 I really wasn't sure how Hope would do with this.
 I thought she might be freaked out about the worms, and fish.
 But she totally surprised me! She took right to it.
 And in NO time, she caught the first fish!! I jumped up and snapped this picture as she was reeling it in. I was screaming and jumping up and down!
 My baby caught a fish!! And she was absolutely thrilled by this. Not a smidgen of hesitancy, and even happily held the fish and threw it back in the water.
 Of course, I knew Pierce would take right to it.
 He is his father's son after all.
 And eventually
 SUCCESS.
 But by far, the surprise of the fishing adventure? Hope was like the fish whisperer!! Sister's Barbie poll was catching these little fish right and left.
 MUCH to the chagrin of her older brother.
 Nothing that couldn't be cured though, by freaking mommy out with worms.
 And then thankfully, another fish reinvigorated my little fisherman.
 And what was daddy catching?

Well, he was busy, getting his bober thingy caught in the trees.
 And then catching massive fish.
 And what was I doing?
 Trying to get some sun on my white, pasty self.
 Taking snuggle breaks
 And taking pictures of my giant head.
 And then trying to cover said giant head.
But mostly? I was just enjoying my family, and making sweet fishin' memories with them.

8 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe you have never been fishing! OMG, one of my favorite things to do. I LOVE to fish!!!! I usually look like your hubby though trying to get my bobber thingy out of the tree LOL! Glad you all had such a good family day :)

Enjoy your week friend!

Susie said...

What a great family outing!! I don't blame you about fishing. I couldn't get past the worms!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Great post! You know we love to fish and don't get to do it nearly enough! Daniel and my dad always say that they don't get to fish when we all go. they are too busy taking care of everyone else! :)

Cindy said...

I am glad your first fishing trip was with your precious babies! Fun times and great memories!

pambush said...

That was absolutely great! What a wonderful family time memory!

Jaime Mac said...

Dad took me fishing too as a kid. I did nothing. I didn't touch the works nor the fish. Blah. (love hopes barbie poll! I would consider fishing now with that)

Jami said...

Hope is too stinkin cute! Love that get up. I've never been fishing either, don't feel bad.

melanie said...

loved this post! oh how big pierce is getting!