Sunday, April 1, 2012

My weekend with Bea Arthur


Bea Arthur. Best known for her role in the Golden Girls. And also, for her manly, raspy sounding voice.
 Tracey Reid. Best known for her lustrous hair, and being my bestie.
 Well, bestie was a sweetie, and made a trip down to see me on Saturday, but when I opened the door to greet her, she lovingly hacked on me, and talked like a dude.

She kept claiming all weekend "I think it's just allergies" but I suspected it was more. But she was still up for a visit, and I was happy for it! Only one thing I just had to do all weekend though....and that was to call her Bea.

First up was to take Bea to get her some drugs.
 She needed to be drugged up, so we could forge on.
 We had cute hats that needed to be tried on.

 And malls that beckoned our names.
 Of course, we had to try on sunglasses, because we ALWAYS do.


And once again, Bea and I bought matching ones.
 We had lots of pictures of to take.
 And even time outs to play a little Draw Something.
 Check out Bea's drawing. What you think this is??
 But don't let Bea's illness fool you, though she might now be quite herself, when you are not looking she will steal you camera...

 I am not even kidding.
 We did have an early night, we had to get back and root on the CARDS.
 And I needed to take care of Bea. I made her some hot chocolate and loaded her up with cough drops.
 I was hoping after a good nights sleep, she might wake up better on Sunday, but she didn't sleep very well . My mom instinct says she's got an infection going on. We did manage to get up though and go to church and head to a buffet for lunch, because nothing says Baptist girls, like a buffet lunch.

 Of course, our 24 hours went way.too.fast. They always do! But I'm so thankful for a friend that makes an effort to come see me, even when she's not quite herself.
I love you Bea!!!! Get your man voice to the doctor ASAP.

7 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun post! Looks like you girls had a blast even though she was under the weather. I feel about like her. I've been having allergy problems for 2 days now. The pollen in KY is ridiculous!!!! Hope Bea is feeling better soon :)

Jami said...

Those pictures are scary!

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love that picture in your living room, can't wait to see it in person :)

Tracey said...

Oh my stars...you are hilarious!!! It is CRAZY that I don't feel bad but keep getting this ridiculous fever and cough. Whatevs.

I love that we can shop, eat Mexican, sit on the couch with our pants unbuttoned and go to bed at 9:30 and have the best time ever! I actually think all the pics of me are quite beautiful. ;)

Oh, and I love and miss your kids! :(

the lewis gang said...

you are cracking me up calling her bea!!! hahaha!

Kerry said...

What a fun visit with your bestie!! You guys sure know how to have fun together!!

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh, you make me laugh so hard! You have the FUNNIEST sense of humor! I LOVE the 2 pictures of you with the giant bra section behind you. Classic! Looks like ya'll had a great weekend together!

xoxox

Jaime Mac said...

Fun post! Glad bea was able to forge ahead. :)