Thursday, April 5, 2012

I never knew this

As of tonight, we are on break!!! And I could not be more excited.

Tomorrow is Good Friday (and also my sister's birthday, and they should totally close school in honor of her birth) and they are closed to recognize that holy day, and next week is our spring break. So, as of tonight at 6:05 p.m., we are in our pajama's, watching a yawntastic kids show, and excited to head to the land that flows with milk and honey tomorrow. We will be up there for a week, celebrating Easter, birthday's, visiting with family and friends, and consuming sleep, sugar, and all things that equal a break.

Do you know what I never knew? That as a mother I would enjoy these breaks as much as my children do. As a kid, it never really dawned on me that my mom would be excited over Christmas or Spring break. But now a mom, I am over the moon. No homework, no karate, no ballet, in general, no pushing the kids.

Now I must go and watch a hideous Power Ranger show and snuggle, and I couldn't be happier about it!!!

I hope to blog from paradise next week, we'll see!! Have a grand Easter everyone.


7 comments:

Jami said...

You can come to my house and blog (in best Jenny voice) if you want to!

Susie said...

Have a fun week and a Happy Easter!!

Jill said...

Sounds like you have a great week planned! Happy Easter! :)

Jessica said...

Have a great week!!

Cindy said...

Hope your week is superdeduper fun!!!!!!

Angie said...

I totally get ya on being so excited for breaks! I can't wait till my daughter is out for the summer.

Sounds like you all have lots of plans. Be safe and Happy Easter :)

Jaime Mac said...

You going to Graceland Sunday? I'll be there with mom... (Maybe butterfly might be there too...control yourself...)