Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Celebrating Karen and Dwan, with the Starbucks Sisters.


Tuesday night, was an out of the ordinary, kinda night. Instead of a night filled with the usual mommy duties, I hired a sitter and went out to celebrate some wonderful women.

My special friend Karen, the friend who reached out to the lonely new girl at Chick Fil A, had a birthday that needed some celebrating.

The two elderly ladies of the group, representing 37.
Me the oldest of the group, and Karen trailing right behind me.
OH!!!! And Miss LeAnne here on the left, she's also included in representing the oldies of the group! Right Leanne? Don't roll your eyes at me LeAnne!! I AM your elder, and that's a sin.


The Starbucks Sisters, have taken a small hiatus during the month of April. With many traveling for spring break, and several on a mission trip to Greece, it was a good time for a small break. 
But we've missed each other so!

So a night out was a must.


I really wanted to try and capture some "casual" photos of the night. But every attempt I made, my subjects would either A) freeze up, or B) stop and pose for me, so I finally gave up my idea. Brittany grabbed my camera, and I thought maybe she, the professional, would get what I was looking for.

Not so much....
Just lots of awkward pics of me.


Good thing I like her so much.


But we also had one more very special thing planned for the night.

Our friend Dwan, on the right, is in the process of adopting a little boy from China. Cindy on the left, has also adopted from China, a sweet baby girl. I wasn't around when Cindy was in the adoption process, but Brittany had a doll made special for Ella. Then friends prayed over the doll, and wrote sweet letters to Cindy and the family. Cindy could read those letters for encouragement during those long months of waiting to bring their daughter home.

Brittany, being the sweet soul that she is, said it was time do the same for Dwan.

When Cindy went to give this to Dwan, she was COMPLETELY taken off guard.
And the moment was very special.
You see, Dwan's son said his favorite animal is a frog. So a frog that has been prayed over, blessed and loved on, is now just awaiting his arms.
Such a fun night with my Starbucks Sister....

Oh, and this picture right here? And me in it? Still totally surreal to me. But I'm ohhhhh so thankful to have met these women.

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Girl, we wouldn't be complete without you. Thankful for your friendship......and I'm so glad that you are my sister -- in so many ways than one.

:))

love,
Britt

Cindy said...

So enjoyed last night!!! We need to do that more often. It is a joy to know you friend!!

Cindy said...

So enjoyed last night!!! We need to do that more often. It is a joy to know you friend!!

Kerry said...

You know, that is truly a really wonderful picture of you and all your friends, absolutely everyone is looking lovely and there are no eyes closed or funny faces at all. Frame worthy for sure!!
I bet your friend teared up receiving that beautiful gift, I know I would have :)

Susie said...

What a fun night that you had!!

Hillary said...

Awww, looks like so much fun!

xoxox

Jessica said...

SO blessed to know all these amazing women, including you!!!

Thanks for the pics...I'm going to steal them :)

Jami said...

Looks like a fun night! So thankful you have met such a good group of girls.

Jill said...

I love girls nights like this. And it reminds me how important nights like these are for my soul. :)

Jaime Mac said...

What a sweet, fun night! LOVE all the awkward pics of you! Thanks, Brittany!
The frog doll story almost made me cry...almost...