Sunday, April 22, 2012

You geocache, I will watch mindless t.v.

Ever heard of GEOCACHING?  Yeah, me either. 

Geocaching, according to the geocaching people is this.....a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers using GPS enabled devices, and then share their experiences online. 

I was given a short lesson on all this information yesterday, because Paul has taken an interest in it. 
See that mess all over the map? Those are caches ( I think that's how you describe it) all waiting to be found.
On Saturday, Paul was meeting up with some friends to do some searching, and the ORIGINAL plan was for me to be there as well. But once I ventured outside and felt the temperature, I suddenly had a heart change. I'm all for doing most anything, even if I find if yawntastic, but I want the elements to be in my favor. So with a nod of approval, I sent them out without me.
Apparently the kids LOVED it.
Loved being outdoors, loved the searching, and even getting a few treasures in the mix.
And an opportunity to spend time with their outdoor loving daddy, is always a winner in my book.
And I had an opportunity to do something, I RARELY ever do.
Sit on my bum for two hours, ALONE, and watch t.v.!!

I am not a big t.v. person anymore. When I have spare time, I am usually either listening to music or messing around on the computer, so the idea of just sitting and watching t.v., well, it kind of excited me!
 
I settled in with a blankie, and set out to be entertained.
I started with some Paula Deen....
Who made me crave cupcakes. How sweet do those look?
Then I moved to CHOPPED, which made me think of my mother-in-law.
I kind of got bored, so then I tried out a dance show, but this bored me because of the yapping judges....
And then, I SUNK to levels of low I should not admit.
Oh yes, I did.

Then it dawned on me why I don't watch much t.v., because it stinks. So I tried to play a little DrawSomething, but everyone left me hanging, which I'm REALLY trying to not take as a personal attack on my skillz. 
 And then I was so bored I decided to hack Paul's FB, which I have never done. Apparently boredom brings out the childish behavior in me.

Seriously, I was just bored after 2 hours!! Sure, I had plenty of busy things I could have done, but I was just being lazy, and found myself actually wishing I was geocaching in the 40 degree weather. 

Thankfully, I was finally saved by one of my all time favorite movies, You've Got Mail!!
And even better? My family was finally back home to watch some of it with me.
Next time, I'm joining the fun, even if it's snowing.

10 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Never heard of that geocaching thing. Uhm sounds like uhm fun? (love the word yawntastic too!)
Fun post!

Jaime Mac said...

I forgot to ask-what is in the containers they find? Treasure? Cash? Diamonds? I mean what is soooo great in these containers to be searching Gods green earth for them?

ginmommy said...

Jaime, it just depends. There are times, when all that is there is a piece of paper, and then you sign your name and date it. Then there are other times, when you might find a piece of jewelry (not nice Premiere jewelry tho) Hope came home with a big ol' fake diamond ring. Honestly, I think the point of it, is just to FIND it, you know? And if you drive a lot, then it can make driving around a little more fun? I actually went along today, and will blog that prob tomorrow, and I can tell you that I simply don't have the patience for it. :)

Granny G said...

I have heard of it! I think it sounds like fun. People are doing it all over the U.S. as I'm sure Paul knows. I have even seen them in parking lots and really weird places.

Jami said...

It does sound fun. I'll have to let Steve know about it.
So, I am totally jealous of you and your Saturday morning. Really? I hate you right now :)

Susie said...

I know what you mean about nothing never being on tv.When I have 2 hours by myself I never know what to do first!!

Hillary said...

That does sound like fun! I can't wait to hear all about your adventure doing it!

xoxox

Tracey said...

Ice Loves Coco? Really? ;) Sounds like a fun morning to me...both ways around.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HILARIOUS post!!! LOVE IT! Sounds like fun. I wouldn't have gone out in the elements for that either though!

Angie said...

I've been reading about geocaching, it sounds like serious fun!!!