Monday, December 5, 2011

A baby shark is on the way!!

I know I've mentioned Sharky and Megan on my blog before. Sharky is the guy that works for Paul and is also the guy who was instrumental in getting Paul interested in firefighting. Megan and I have slowly come to know each other through events at the fire house and work stuff. In fact, the very first time I met her I just came out and asked her if she was pregnant, (sometimes my filter doesn't work well) and in fact she was and they had told NO ONE, but she didn't want to lie to me. So, we've bonded over pregnancy and talked lots over the months about babies. :)

They have zero family here, and I wanted to help give her a shower. She is due in the beginning of January, and I'm excited to meet and hold baby sharky.
Another friends of ours made the cake, and I think she did a great job!
Due to fact that she very pregnant, she cannot make the trip to Mexico, but her husband is going. Let's all pray, that she does not go into labor while he's down there. Can you imagine?!
This is my last post. YIKES!! Our flight is bright and early tomorrow morning, please pray for safe travels if you think of it. I will do my best to blog from Mexico, but not sure how all of that will work. Will they tell me to pay them 687 pesos for 2 minutes of Wifi?? If they do, I will just flirt a little with Carlos, and hopefully he will work me a deal.

Adios my friends!!

6 comments:

April said...

Prayers for safe travels. Have fun!

Jaime Mac said...

Love the cake! (I think Shark is a perfect nickname bc that last name is IMPOSSIBLE!) Glad you're making more friends & finding your niche!
Praying for safe travels for you & I hope you have a fantabulous time!
(Use what your momma gave ya-flirt girl, flirt! ;))

Jami said...

You are such a sweet friend. Love you!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HAVE FUN!!!! I can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!

Jill said...

Hope you have a BLAST {know you will!}!!! ☺

Arthur Family said...

Have fun! We want to see a lot of pictures!