Wednesday, December 28, 2011

RIP toaster

I got this toaster right here when I was 19 years old, so that would make my toaster a mere 18 years old. And while it has served me well for 18 years, it's pretty well, um, nasty. Plus, this toaster would not toast bagels, or at least you would have to hack up your bagel so it would properly fit into it. Yet, I just never would bring myself to replace it. New toasters are just not high on my priority.


But yesterday my father in law declared he was buying me a new toaster, it was time to move on. So, here she is, my red beauty. I'm excited about my new toaster, BUT only I, miss sap could get attached to a toaster, and be a little sad to bid her goodbye. She's served me well. Lots of toast over the last 18 years, and hacked up bagels. RIP dear toaster.

7 comments:

Susie said...

I am like that too!! Hate to get rid of something I had for a long time that is still working!!

Jami said...

You are too funny! Love the red toaster.

Jaime Mac said...

You are seriously demented. But I still love you...

Arthur Family said...

I know what you mean. My iron that i had in college finally died. It was a sad moment. The red is a nice color! Your toast will be more cheerful now! :)

Tracey said...

Change is good! Or at least that's what they say...
;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ha ha ha ha!! I get attached to cars NOT toasters!! You are a nut! :)

Jill said...

Love the red toaster! Fun! :)