Sunday, December 18, 2011

Twas the last weekend before Christmas

Our weekend has been busy (I'm sure like everyone else) so much so, that falling asleep is just kind of however you land. Yes, that busy.

Friday was Pierce's last day of school before Christmas break, and Hope and I went to help with his party. I still remember my parties before Christmas break started, and just how excited I was! I always wonder if my kids are feeling the same way I used to...:-)
Friday night, Brittany invited us, and Cindy and her family over for Taco soup, and it was YUMMY!!
And Brittany and Cindy have these two a-dorable babies. Darn them. Makes my ovaries cry out. ;) And this little Luke, cracks me up! He's always into the food! At one point he had pretzels hanging off his clothes, and chocolate all over his mouth and hands. Too cute!
Cindy's baby girl. SO cute!
Brittany is the picture queen! She's always wanting to photograph moments, I think she even trumps me. So, we attempted to get all the kids together...
This is the best we got. :-)
And Brittany insisted on one of the guys. They were less than thrilled to say the least, HA! Kudos to you Brittany for making them do it, who cares that one of them wouldn't even turn around. Boys are weird.
Saturday, I shopped and attempted to get my Christmas finished. I failed.

Saturday night was the Christmas dinner for the fire department. Sharky here was awarded, firefighter of the year. Woot, Sharky! (Who wore the same sweater, two nights in a row? Bill Cosby here)
We still have another party tonight, and then I think we are officially done with the party scene.

The majority of the weekend though, has been spent doing THIS....
And I'm not the only one. I want to remember how much the kids have been into making gifts this year. It's been VERY sweet to see the kids (especially Pierce) think so much about everyone else. And yeah, he's basically worn the same thing all weekend too. He gets it from his father. :)

4 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like lots of fun partying!!

Jami said...

We've had a busy one too. I'm getting excited. You three girls look so pretty!

Cindy said...

Hey! I just read the last 10 posts on your blog. Love it! We had fun Friday night! So glad to know you!

Tracey said...

Bill Cosby...Ha! Love it!! :)

Can't wait to see youuuu!!