Saturday, December 31, 2011

On NYE, we hiked and sat in Corvette's

When trying to find something to do, DURING THE DAY, on NYE, you don't have that many options. Apparently, most things are shut down, or either they assume you will only want to do things at night that involve alcohol. We tossed around many options, and finally decided to take the in-laws to a local cave. Unfortunately, the water was too high for a boat ride, but we decided to go ahead and hike the trail. 


Christmas was still up there. Sniff, sniff, it makes me sad that it will all be down soon. 

 Remember our last visit there? There was much adventure and all the things that creep me out! Not much different this time, but today I decided to be a little more adventurous. You know, adventurous for a middle aged white mom, that wears mom jeans.

 Pam started the day, saying she found dinosaur poop that had become a fossil. More like an ugly rock actually, but dinosaur poop sounds much better.
 Thank goodness, Hope decided to fore go the walking stick this time! Last time she and the stick became one. Only Pierce was our Moses.
 Can I just say that the weather is bizarre! It was in the 60's today! I thought we should get home and dye some Easter Eggs!
 The kids really LOVE doing this kinda stuff.
 Climbing and being adventurous.
 And feeling like they conquered small little mountains, and in turn convincing their pitiful momma to give it a try.
If this isn't a sight, I'm not sure what is. My back end trying to climb slippery rocks.
 But I did it, and I did not fall on my face or backside.
 And the kids were pretty proud of ol' momma.
 Now here is where I just about came undone. Paul had both my offspring down here in this large ravine. They were climbing, scaling walls, and making me a nervous wreck. Hope decided she wanted to be with the big guys, doing EVERYTHING they did. I mean really? Do these children know how hard they were to come by?
 Paul, Tom and Pierce...
 And Hope giving it her all...
 And finally success for her! And success for me too, because I am happy to report that she is with me tonight, safe and sound. :)
 And maybe just maybe, this outdoor  stuff is starting to rub off on me.
 After we had all acted like Bear Grylls for a while, it was time to go to our next place of fun. The plan was the Railway Museum, but they were closed. So, we went to the Corvette Museum instead.
 None of us had ever been here before. And while it's not really my kind of thing, it was fun to get a chance to sit in a Vette! Even Tom had to try it out. Looks good Tom!!
 Can't you just see me guys?! I could just make the kids ride in the trunk.
 And check me out here....now can't you see me, laid back listening to some Jay Z? Who am I kidding, more like Celine Dion.
 They had lots of nice displays
 With Corvette's throughout the decades
 And check this out. Representing gas from the 50's, and there wasn't even a place for a dollar sign. I could handle that!!
 And success for us girls! A purple Vette for us!! :-)
It's been a very full NYE for us, and now I'm just wondering if we can all stay awake to ring in 2012. :) Happy New Year everyone!!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Hiking and driving vette's in your mom jeans. I cannot believe they let you in looking like that!

Susie said...

Glad it was so nice of weather for you all to enjoy some great family time. Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

Jaime Mac said...

Happy New Year! Looks like a fun day...& the fun parts I enjoyed were: 'Celine Dion', 'Purple' & 'kids in trunk'. :)

Jami said...

You look pretty good in the vette.

Tracey said...

I love the dino poop!! So funny. :) I'm glad you've had good family time in the last two weeks. Can't wait to see you!

the lewis gang said...

it was a beautiful day for a hike! way to take advantage of it!