Sunday, December 4, 2011

I've spent most of my weekend getting high on Clorox fumes

Last night I sent this text to my dad...

'I've cleaned all weekend. Like, scrubbed till my elbows locked up, sniffed Clorox till I saw little green men, and dusted things I don't even think belong to me. All for the sake of my mother.'

It's true. Green men danced for me a few times, maybe they were elves. But now maybe my mom will only have to say, "John, I didn't raise my kids like this" only 5 times instead of 25. :)) (Hi mom!!)

So, I am in full anticipation mode this weekend. Getting ready for my parents to stay here, and trying to think of everything I need to do to make this trip as smooth as possible for everyone. It did dawn on me last night though, 'oh crap, I need to give myself a pedicure!!' So, after I had scrubbed my last knick knack for the night, I settled in to watch one of my all time favorites while my toes dried!!
I heart George Bailey.So, not that much to blog, but I will leave you with not 1...
But 2 of my sweet Christmas babes.
I am helping give a baby shower today, I will try to blog once more before we leave. We'll see....

6 comments:

Susie said...

Precious pictures of the kids!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

oh, i didn't even think about that. they will be seeing every little thing on your house. ouch! HAVE FUN!!!!!

Tracey said...

The arrival of the Queen....YIKES! :)

HAVE FUN!! I am already stinkin' excited to hear about your trip!!

Jami said...

Nice pic! Love the toes. Cute kids :)

Jill said...

Love the Christmas pics of the kids. And It's a Wonderful Life is one of my faves, too! That's too funny about cleaning for your mom. I always clean before we go on vcay. . .not sure why. I'm crazy like that. :)

the lewis gang said...

HAVE FUN!!!! what an awesome treat! :)