Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fine eating, entertainment, turn down service, and a lost bathing suit.

Second time around blogging and it's much easier, I'm getting the hang of it here in Mexico!



For the most part, we have been soaking in the beauty down here. Lots of time spent at the pool and the beach, but we have managed to squeeze in a few other things.
First up, when I saw this I had to take a picture of it. How funny is this?? Hispanics know a good book too. :)



Let me tell you about this resort, they are all about keeping you entertained, and lots of activities. One of the things yesterday, was a fashion show. Check her out in her red cover up and hat. Of course they hope you see this ensemble, and run to the store here and buy it, that's the whole purpose of it. Oh, and this peso's thing is confusing as heck! More on that maybe in a different post.


This is a work trip, but for the first 2 days, it has just been managers. Last night a group of about 19 of us met up for a dinner. From tonight here on out, there will be more like 60 Bankers people here.



The place is called Maria Marie, and it's mexican-french fusion cuisine.


The place itself was very pretty and service was outstanding! I have been pleasently surprised at the food here, and we have eaten ourselves silly.



I'm sure everyone here thinks I'm coo coo for cocoa puffs, because I take pictures of everything. But for reals, look at this food! This was our salad.


Main course. Paul about died when it came out like this. You know how fancy food gets kinda weird? This was really good though


And of course dessert. Look at that fork on the plate, it was made out of cocoa. So YUM!!




The first night we got here, I'm embarrassed to say we were asleep by 8:00! HA! Last night we were determined to see the live entertainment. They have a show every night around 9:45, so after dinner, we just hung pool side for about an hour.



Check it out! I know these pictures are kinda dark, but hopefully you can make this out. These men and women dancers just danced their little hearts out, it reminded me a lot of a Vegas show.
Minus a performance from Celine Deon. :)



I'm not much on shows like this, but it was pretty entertaining.



So, after the show we came back to the room and Paul had requested turn down service. They it candles...



Turned down the bed, put robes, slippers and chocolate out.




It was worth it, just for this alone. Rico, in a robe and slippers. HA HA HA!


But listen to this. When we got in from swimming yesterday afternoon, I washed my bathing suit out and wrapped it up in a bath towel to help it dry out. I just assumed I would hang it out to dry when we got back for the evening, and I had no idea that Paul had requested the turn down service. SOOOO, guess what happened when they came in to fix up the room? They grabbed the towel with my suit inside of it, and took it out. They had no clue it was in there of course, but off it went to the laundry with hundreds of other towels. I immediately called the front desk, but laundry was already gone. I called again this morning and there has been no sign of it. UGH! So, guess who had to go to the shop and buy hereself a new suit? 380 peso's, but that's not as bad as it sounds. ;)


Oh, and let me just say, it does not feel like Christmas here at all! It's so weird. I will be glad to get home, and back in the Christmas spirit. For now though, I will soak up the last few days. Oh, and I miss me a little blue eyed boy and a little hazel eyed girl, something fierce.




























7 comments:

Brittany said...

that picture of paul is worth 100000 pesos!!!!!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

Love it! Sorry about the suit, but at least now you can go shopping. Happy accident! :).
Love all the pics you're taking!

Jill said...

Love all the pics. This place just make my bucket list. ;) It looks so awesome!

Jami said...

Love that first picture of you, very pretty.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

When we went to Cancun - I think I overpaid for everything. The money was WAY confusing. But it was/is beautiful. Love living through you!

Tracey said...

I am soo glad you are enjoying yourself. :-) It was fun to talk to you today. There were a gazillion things I wanted to say, but you gave me a TWO minute limit...Wha???!! ;) Have fun!!! Gorgeous pics! I'm pretending in my free time to be there with you...

Susie said...

Great looking pictures!! It looks heavenly there!! Glad to see you are having fun!!