Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Proud to be a Starbucks sister


This sweet girl here decided she would start a Bible study months back. She was also sweet enough to invite me to join. We meet on Monday mornings at 6:00 a.m. (which I thought was really big of me, until I read Radical, ha!) we have studied two books of the Bible and read two books so far. Also, let me point out Karen here on the far right. If it wasn't for our meeting at Chick Fil A, last January I may not be in this group. She was sweet enough to invite a complete stranger to her church, and help me get involved.
Like I said, this group of ours meets on Monday mornings, and always at Starbucks. Brittany decided we needed a name, and she named us the 'Starbucks sisters' which stuck. Last night the whole group of us got together to have a Christmas dinner. You know at 6 a.m., there isn't a lot of time to just chat and get to know one another. Last night was great! Fun to just sit back and get to know some of these sweet ladies. :) And guess what Brittany did? She had shirts made for the whole group...
Here we all are (minus 1) The Starbucks sisters.
And I proudly wore my shirt today.

'Starbucks Sisters. As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17'

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it :) and so glad to be on this journey with you !

Amanda Brady said...

Wow. I do a Bible study at 6;30 a.m. and I thought that was early. You have me beat!

Susie said...

Wow that is early!! That is great that you get to share a Bible Study with some great ladies!!

Jill said...

Awesome! I love it! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is great! What a cool group and name!

Jami said...

That is awesome! I had no idea you met at 6:00 am!

Jaime Mac said...

UHM, 6 AM? Is God even awake then?! :)
So glad you're finding your niche in BG!

Tracey said...

I love that Brittany got everyone those shirts!!! Too cute. ;)

the lewis gang said...

that's a neat idea! and 6 am is rather early. what a neat group to be so dedicated to!